Friday, January 30, 2009

Some Thoughts

Obama appoints Timothy Geithner as Secretary of Treasury. Geithner had not paid $35,000 in self-employment taxes for several years. The mistakes were "avoidable" and "unintentional". He filed using TURBO TAX and blames the software for not being able to handle his returns. Notice, he received nearly a half million dollar severance payment for his work with the fed some years back.

Wall street had paid out 18.4 billion dollars in bonuses in 08'. Obama called this "the height of irresponsibility" and "shameful". "There will be a time for them to make profits, and there will be time for them to get bonuses, now is not the time." Is something wrong here? Obama finds these bonuses wrong, however, he appoints Geithner to SECRETARY OF TREASURY. The guys uses TURBO TAX to pay his taxes and receives huge bonuses. What kind of a nitwit can't spend a few extra bucks to get his taxes done properly unless he is hiding something. Am I missing something here?

Enough Political BS. I'm going to continue the Friday entry on annoying things (or things I just generally don't like) in this universe.

People who walk slow - I don't think I walk the sidewalk at high speeds. I can't stand when I get a group of people slowly waddling along. When this occurs then you have to go in a high speed power walk to pass so they don't impede your progress. It looks foolish and wastes precious energy. Plus, then you have to be aware of head on's against oncoming traffic.

Most annoying songs - Here is a list of songs that when they come on they should be changed.
I love rock and roll by Joan Jett
Another piece of my heart by Janis Joplin
Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin
Womanizer by Britney Spears
Leavin by Jesse McCartney

These are just a few that come to mind but I wouldn't mind if they were erased off the face of the earth. On a side note, even though I don't like too many female artists, I think Sheryl crow has some good music.

The dryer - I'm no expert at doing laundry. I don't separate whites from colors. I'm cool with the washer. Put in the detergent, run the cold water, and let it wash. Now the dryer is a different story. The thing shrinks everything. The more times I wash certain clothes, the smaller they get. Is this a universal thing or am I just inept?

That's all I got till next week. I'll try to get some pictures from Vegas.

No comments: