Friday, January 23, 2009

People / things that annoy me

Back in high school I made a list of things that annoyed me. Annoying girls and ridiculous things made the list. All in all there were about 200+ things that were on it. This was obviously like 10 years ago but I still can think of many things that are still on the list. I'll start with a few in this post and continue as I choose.

- People who use debit cards. This really irks me when I'm standing in line of a convenience store and somebody whips out there debit card for a 4 dollar purchase. Anytime they use debit then the bro needs to bring out the pin code which is just completely unnecessary for this simple transaction. You will rarely ever find me with absolutely no cash. The ability to go to an ATM and have cash on you at all times is not difficult. At the very least use credit. I don't know why anyone would choose to have the money debited from their account immediately instead of having 30 days to pay for a transaction. If you read this and use a debit card, my apologies, but that's how I feel.

- People who put bumper stickers on cars. What's the best way to depreciate the value of a car? Throw a shitty bumper sticker on it. I don't want anything touching my car. No advertisements promoting the dealer, no sticker where I went to college, and certainly no bullshit about bringing our troops home or how I support breast cancer. Unless your car is worthless and you can't devalue it anyhow, there is no reason for stickers on cars. They are tacky. pun.

- I hate getting my socks wet. Getting your socks wet can ruin an entire day. Sloshing around with wet socks is a terrible feeling and the moment I feel it beginning to happen I know what I'm in for. This is a fairly easy thing to avoid but sometimes the depth of puddles can be uncertain and cause problems.

- Pens that have ink that doesn't dry fast enough. Obviously people are writing on paper less and typing more, however, if there is pen that puts down nice ink and then you smear your hand across it as you continue to write, this is a nuisance. The ink smears so it's illegible and you have shit all over your hand. I used to hate when this happened when I had to write essays. I feel like lefties have it worse though.

- Microsoft updates. They pop up in that yellow shield and an exclamation point, or something like. I'm like, yeah fine whatever, update my computer with whatever random shit you deem necessary, just let me be. After it's done it pops up with system needs to be rebooted in order for the new settings to take place. I'm like ok not now, restart later. Pops down in the lower right and I'm on my way. 5 minutes later it pops up again. Obviously getting annoyed, I just tell it no I want to restart later. The fucking thing is persistent and doesn't get the message. I'm in the middle of something and no I don't want to restart my computer because it takes 5 minutes to reboot and I have 9 tables going and no I can't fucking restart. BACK OFF!

- Eva Mendes making number 1 on the ask men top 99. I'm not sure how unless a lot of Hispanics read ASK Men. I don't like Megan Fox as #2 either although I feel like everyone else does. My 1-2 in no real order follow.


*UGH


*Sloan

*Some random chick in the top 10 who is better than 1-2-3.

No comments: