Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update

Watched Platoon and Shawshank Redemption. I recommend them both and would rate them higher than probably 90% of movies.

Sheen, DeFoe, and Berenger are kickass the entire movie. The reality of Platoon is what makes it great. Kevin Dillon has a bad ass role and the Bob from Office Space is classic. The movie just made you feel what it was like to be in Vietnam and the unstable mentality of troops. Elisha and Barnes are awesome characters and Taylor fits the bill.

Shawshank is nothing like I was prepared for. For some reason I thought it was going to be a grim movie about prison life. I was expecting something pertaining to the concentration camps but I think I was getting it confused with Schindler's List (which I also intend to watch in the near term). All the characters were wonderfully executed and the storyline was entertaining. Not a whole lot of major events take place but the portrayal of life in prison and the effects on the human mind seemed realistic and accurate. How the story came together, combined with the ending makes this is a high quality film.

No comments: