Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wed 1/7

Woke up at 6 today. Went to the gym and ran 2 sub 6 minute miles. Then went to the bball court to shoot around because I have a game tomorrow. I have a well deserved reputation for being a terrible foul shooter. So I told myself I wasn't leaving until I made 3 in a row. For a normal human being this shouldn't be a problem, however it took me a good 15-20 minutes to do this. I honestly think anyone who has a pair of arms could do this faster than me. Even someone without arms has a good shot of kicking it in before me. Alas I did it and hopefully rectified what I believe to be the issue.

I was listening to Howard a day or two ago and he said that people that use the phrase "sort of" are trying to be smart but, in reality, aren't. It's the same thing with the phrases "you know" and "like". It's not an issue if you say it every so often but if it happens constantly you really have to listen to yourself and think about why you are speaking like a nitwit. I find myself falling into word traps where I'll use the word "basically" too often or if I'm describing something bad I'll use the word "horrible" all the time. Knowing synonyms for words is helpful and the obvious place to look is the thesaurus.

3 top songs right now.
Dawn of the dead- Does it offend you, yeah?
Go getter Greg - Ludo
In my head - Your Vegas

By the way, this spell check is really smart.

1 comment:

J. Pitts said...

What's good Stortz?

J. Lo Hew is in my top 5. Kim Karadashian and Monica Belluci are in there, too.