Friday, February 06, 2009

Vegas

Left on Monday at around 11 am. No problems in the airport. I get seated in the middle next to a fairly attractive 30 something mom and a 50+ plus 275 lb behemoth. The milf is studying neurons and the fat man is trying to sleep. I can't put my arm on the arm rest because fat man is hogging all the room. I pretty much snooze in an out of the 5 hour ride.

Arrive at the Mandalay Bay, get something to eat and then clean up. JC, my dad, brought some cash and wants to play blackjack. My philosophy was not to play early so that I wouldn't lose any cash and bum myself out for the rest of the trip. JC sits at a table my himself. He buys in for 500. While he's buying in Big Bertha and Baby Huey sit down next to him. Bertha buys in and Huey doesn't want to play but Bertha forced him in. Clueless man in seat 1 joins the fun. JC plays a couple hands and clueless man is one of those don't bust type of people. This obviously annoyed JC and he left after 4 hands or so down a hundo or so. He moves to another table with a bro in seat 1 and him. Starts off running ok and picks up a hundo or so. JC is what is known as a plunger. Meaning he isn't their for the long term he either gets up big or goes busto. One hand he has 250 out and gets 22 against a dealer 6. Splits them, gets a 7 on one hand, doubles for 19. Gets 18 on the other hand. Dealer busts and JC makes a quick 500. Plunge for a k. Wins. Puts out another k, gets an 11, doubles for 21 and picks up 2k. He probably played a few more hands I can't really recall exactly but he ended up winning 4k in about 15 minutes. Pays for the trip assuming he doesn't blow it, big assumption. We have a few drinks, walk around Mandalay Bay and call it a night.

Wake up early, go to a National Slate Association Meeting and then walk the show for a couple of hours. We meet up with a manufacturer we know and go to the HofBrauHaus. It is a German restaurant with 34 oz beers and people are singing German tunes and everyone is basically just getting bombed. After that we go to see Criss Angels "believe" show at the Luxor. It was pretty good although I feel like if you were on LSD or shrooms it would have been unbelievable. The dancing is kind of weird and his jokes were lame but nevertheless it was entertaining. Was it worth 150 dollars per seat, ehh. After that we stay up to 3 or so just drinking and discussing money making strategies.

Final night I wake up and do the roofing show again till about 5. One booth has a keg with Flat Tire, I think it's brewed in Colorado, and it's very good. So I probably down about 6 or so during the show. After the show we go to a bar where I drink 2 gin and tonics and get a 12 dollar shot of Patron. We go back to the room and I pass out till 11pm. Wake up shower and hit a 1-2 NL table. I buy in for 300 and observe the table. No real big stacks and open raises are to 20+. Guy next to me bet 50 dollars into a 6 dollar pot one time just to give an idea. Maybe only 1 solid player other than myself. I pick up KK and make it 15, get 2 callers. C bet on a low flop wins it. I pick up AT hearts and make it 10 from UTG. Get 6 callers. Flop KJ6 2 hearts. I make it 40 and get one caller. Brick on the turn, I check, caller checks. River completes my flush. I think / act for a minute and make it 75. Genius pushes and has me covered which I obviously instacall, like so fast I felt like a prick. So I double up to about 600. One other hand I have 10 8 and limp. Flop and open ender where I call a 15 bet on the flop with 2 other players. Turn the nuts. I just call a bet from a donkey in front of me. He pushes the river which once again I obviously instacall. I ended up cashing out with 550 after I started to catch a buzz from 6 Heineken's in a 3 hour period.

So it's 2am and I'm not tired so let me hit the blackjack tables. I join a table by myself and a couple of people join. Some fairly attracted "actress" from LA who I was chatting it up with although she didn't last long. I bought in for 300 and was down to 125. I won my case bet and ended up pushing that to about 600 until one key hand. I had 100 out and 77 against a dealer 5, which I split. My next to cards were 3's on both hands so I doubled both of them. My double cards were a 3 and a 2 which I'm thinking, fucking awesome. Dealer busts and I pick up a nice 400 hand. I run my stack up to about 1400 or so and cash out. As I am walking back I catch a glimpse of a roulette table and think what the hell. I put 100 on black, lose. I try another 100 on black, lose. Obviously Vegas is smart for creating a single chip for 500 dollars and I test my luck on black again, lose. So after a 700 downswing I hit the bar at 430 in the morning and do a patron shot. I'm pretty bombed at this point after the shot and probably another 6 beers while playing blackjack and have to wake up at 8 the next morning. So I go back to the blackjack table and blow another hundred or two and call it a night.

All in all, I didn't lose any money and my dad came out a winner so it was a good trip. I didn't visit any strip clubs and no hookers. Maybe next time.

No comments: