Friday, February 13, 2009

Thoughts

I do not believe in god.

I believe that I am insignificant. I most likely believe that you are insignificant.

People who believe in god do so because they fear what happens if they don't believe in god.

People who believe in god like to think that there is an afterlife. I believe that you rot in the ground soulless.

God doesn't make things happen. People make things happen. When people at award shows and after sporting events "thank god" they are really just thanking themselves for the hard work they put in to accomplish something.

God created the universe? From Family Guy, "then who created god? Maybe he created himself. Or herself." Bottom line is that the origin of time is a huge mystery. Something started something from nothing. Although I guess even nothing is something.

Point of this post:
Live life. Get drunk. Spend wildly. Do swampdonkies (torch).

I've gotten old(er). It's funny because at each point in your life you think your as smart as you can be. Then you look back and you think how you missed out on different aspects of life that you can never go back. Reference the Eddie Money song I wanna go back. I wish I could do college again. It's 4 years of partying. Sure I partied but not to the extent I would have after working for 4 years now.

Working sucks. I'm spending the good years of my life selling people hand tools. Sad thing is I'll spend the next 30 years of my life selling hand tools. (Our sales are down buy something (www.stortz.com). I want to move to Amsterdam and spend my time in the red light district and smoking herb. Problem is everything gets old after it gets played out. Sure I can say that I don't want to do anything and just spend my days getting hammered. After a couple of days doing it you feel awful and need to be productive.

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and view things from a wide perspective. I like the winter nights because the stars are always easy to see and make you realize how tiny and insignificant your life is to the grand scheme of things. I'm not making any history books so my purpose should be to be happy about everything.

No comments: