Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last few days

Friday night I got embarrassingly drunk and remember practically nothing but I ended up at my place with nothing horribly wrong so hopefully that's the end of that night. I'm sure there's a reason why the word ass is in embarrassing.

I'll comment on the ncaa tournament. I bet on a couple games that had me down to 30 bucks on Sunday after depositing 100 on Thursday. I put 30 on a 3 team parlay to win 190 and amazingly hit. I should probably take my 90 dollar victory and be on my way but what fun is that. Honestly, if anyone says they have made money sports betting they are either lying or have a bad memory.

A quick recap of the TV shows I watch. Rock of Love is awful now that the good characters have been booted off the show. Flight of the Conchords had a disappointing 2nd season. The songs were avg and the the stories were a bit odd. I still like the subtleties of the jokes but I believe the first season was superior. 24 is still 24. I think it's entertaining but far fetched and the acting is wtf at times. Does Tony ever crack a smile or speak in something other than a whisper? I like when Jack was like "all communication is down" even though the security guard was just talking to his wife like 5 minutes ago.

I want to devote a whole paragraph to Eastbound and Down. The season finale was fantastic in my opinion. Their character development was amazing considering the show was only 6 episodes. Stevie went from a fag to a hard ass fag under the tutelage of Kenny. Cutler, the principal, was a sweet character because he is the principal of a middle school yet he likes to get bombed and womanize, not to mention he went psycho. They showed April's tits which was the icing on the cake. Plus the way they made her character so happy at the end and then have her crash due Kenny's dilemma. And what is there to say about Kenny. You really started to feel for the guy. He was such a pompous fat ass prick that you had to hurt when he received the call from the ass't to the ass't of the gm (I thought that guys character was hilarious). I actually felt bad for Kenny in the last couple minutes which is odd considering I usually don't feel any emotion on any show but this had some substance. I look forward to next season.

Other than that things are same shit different day. It's like a routine that never stops. Get up, go to work, do some variation of the same thing, drive home, go to the gym, and then a couple hours of tv or whatever. Weekends are the same thing, get bombed and feel terrible. Something is gonna have to give because life is not meant to be spent this way. Even if I had a ton of money I don't even know what I'd do with it. I'll think about it and let you know.

No comments: