Monday, March 16, 2009

AC

Almost all poker post.

Jeff, my brother, and I decided to get a room in AC on Thursday night to mainly play poker. We arrive at 5 and get our comped room. We head to the poker tables and they start up a new 1-2 game. We are both at the same table along with 6 of the biggest fish the ocean has to offer. I sit playing tight until I pick up jj and make it 20 and everyone folds. A couple hands later, king kong to my right makes it 15 to go, I smooth call with KK a play I regret and get called by 2 others behind. Flop is 663 and kong makes it 30. I make it 100 and get two folders and kong folds tens face up, I show kings to sustain my solid image. I play pretty tight for a while until I limp 65 after a bunch of limpers and flop 578. A 9 on the turn gives me a straight. Kong makes it 20 on the turn which I only call. The river brings a 3 flush and i check to Kong who makes it 40. I'm pretty sure i'm beat considering Kongs hand is shaking ridiculously and I'm fairly sure he's got a big hand. Problem is with donks playing you don't know if they even know they have a big hand. So he proceeds to say that all he has is a little straight. I decide to call thinking we will be chopping and he shows jt to scoop, bad play by me. I play one more hand with a j2 diamonds and end up rivering a flush to put me up 80 or so for the session.

We go get Tony Lukes and then head to the bar to watch the Pitt game. They end up losing so we decide to play some more cards. I go to the room to put on some deodorant which I forgot to earlier and come back feeling good. I get put in a wild game with most people at the table drinking and looking for action. I open 66 utg to 15 and get a couple callers. Flop comes 56J with 2 flush cards. I check and crazy indian bets 20. I check raise to 60 and he comes along. Turn is an 8 and I go all in for his last 125 or so. He calls and I dodge the flush draw and pick up a nice pot. This puts me up 200+ in the first 15 minutes. I play ok but not really getting big hands or big action and I leave the table only up 100. I was watching the syracuse uconn game that went to 6 ot's which was entertaining.

I'm up almost 200 for the trip and decide to put 100 on a black roulette spin. I lost and then decide to go play a few hands of pai gow. That's really all it was a few hands and I dropped the 200 in half an hour maybe less. On the way back to the room I put another 100 on black to lose again. On my last 5 spins of my roulette life I've gone black every time and i have lost every time for a net loss of -1000.

We go to sleep and wake at 1030 or so and decide to play until 2 before we have to leave. They put us both at the same table and this is not the table you want to play at. The table is squeaky clean with little action and basically not a table you are going to win a lot of money at. I start off picking up AK and making it 15 pf. I get a caller on a K72 flop. I make it 25 and he raises to 50. I push for 250 or so and he mucks. In hindsight I wish I would have just called his small raise then check raised all in on the turn. I play fine for a while until some noob who i classify as a donk without even seeing him play sits down. I raise j9 sooted UTG and he calls. Flop is kk5 and I know I have to bet to win the hand so I bet 15 on the flop. He calls and then we both check the turn. I jack falls on the river and I call his all in for 24 more dollars and lose to AK. A couple hands later I limp K9 sooted in late position and we see a 9 high flop. Noob bets the flop. A 4 pairs the board and he bets 25 which only I call. The river is K and he checks and I bet 35 which he calls and then slowrolls AA on me. So this basically tilted me and I left the table. I put 20 on a horse at 1-2 and he lost and then blew 10 in the slots before we left. I dropped about 350 which wasn't awful but my luck in table games was atrocious and makes me wonder how rigged it really isn't.

No comments: