Thursday, March 26, 2009

B2G and KOP

I didn't go to work on Thursday because I attended a workshop on how to bid and then sell to the Federal Gov't. I didn't really know what to expect going into it but we are looking for new methods of making money so it seemed like we may be able to fit into this category. To sum up a 2 hour workshop, they explain that first you find a bid, then you have someone quote out the product based on the supplied specs, then you outbid any other potential bidders. Formula sounds great and they gave examples of people making 15k on one deal yadda yadda. I could tell where it was all going after about 15 minutes. Towards the end they point out they only gave you a smidgen of information and to get a 3 day tutorial on how to do everything it will cost 5,000. But wait because the economy is tough they will give 1500 dollars off and it's only 3,500. So there was no way I was signing up on the spot and still probably won't sign up after giving it some thought but it was interesting none the less.

After that I decided to go to KOP mall. My wallet busted (not from having too much money in is) and my belt is coming apart plus I needed some new clothes for nicer weather. I have a 20% off card at macy's so I start there. I'm pretty particular about what I wear and what price I pay. Macy's has nice stuff no doubt but there is no way in hell I'm paying 80 bucks for a Polo. I see the 50% off rack and see a nice Lacoste type jacket. Retail is 160 and immediately I know I'm not paying these outrageous prices. So I decide I'm just going to Marshall's to buy Polo and Nautica stuff at half the price. I go in and all they have are shirts I already own or just incredibly ugly nonsense crap. I can't find the belt I want which is either a dockers or fossil where you can put the jawn through any part of the belt. My plan thwarted I went to 5 guys for a good burger and fries and bought some new kicks from foot locker because Adam wouldn't give me his.

Then I went to UD track meet to watch my brother beast a spook by outkicking him in the last 100 meters. A 4:34 mile which was pretty impressive and adding a 1st place to the belt. I don't miss high school track at all and I think it's hilarious how young these kids look compared to how old I am now. I don't know how it happened but I have gotten old.

Speaking to that subject I feel as though my skills are on the decline. I must have peaked physically somewhere in college and now I'm on a downward spiral towards mediocrity. I can't explain it but after doing physical activity I just feel aches and pains and I think I've lost a step or two. This doesn't mean I'm still not the best at pretty much everything but I'm moving closer to the regs.

I dropped 130 yesterday betting on Memphis and the whities from Duke. I started off hitting a 15 dollar parlay on xavier +7 and Uconn -7 for 38 bucks. Then I got a big head and put 130 on memphis and 45 on Duke. I'm not sure how I still fall into the trap of sports betting but tonight is another opportunity to make it back. I have problems, where's GA?

No comments: