Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Year End

This is the end of the year for me. Last work day (sober) till the beginning of next year. Some may try to work the 29th and 30th but this just seems impossible to me. Overall this was a really numbing year. The stock market put a financial hurt on people (me) and really demoralized the economy. This however has not prevented me from buying whatever high end alcohol or beer I wish to consume. It also has not stopped me from spending 10 dollars a drink on double rum and cokes at the bar. This is the time of the year where you should blow some cash and have a good time. I can say that this year has been entertaining for me and I'll roll through the highlights.

-Finished Atlas Shrugged in Jan and can say it was probably the best book i've read. Aside from the John Galt speech which was probably the most important part, which I decided to speed through.

- Probably lost about 5k in AC this year, but won 5k in online poker, but probably lost about 2k in sports betting. This is pretty estimated but shouldn't be so far off.

- I obviously lost cash in the market and the exact total isn't necessary because it is only depressing. Fuck Sirius.

- I think I could say that I got drunk on 51 out of 52 weekends. The one I didn't I ran a 1:19 low half marathon. That came out to be 13 6 minute miles. For someone who gets as wasted as I do, this is obviously and impressive feat. I got 177 out of 13,000+ and only lost to 14 girls. Also did the Sea Isle 10 miles in one hour five minutes. This was on the sand and difficult to run on especially after getting smashed the night before. Both of these will be on my annual runs.

I also went here and saw this person, but all in all this was a pretty lame year. I learned that I absolutely hate Mondays. Easily the worst day. 09' will be better I assure you. This will be the year of tc. I'm expected big things. The next entry will document goals of 09' along with ways to make it happen.

No comments: