Monday, December 15, 2008

Update

Our bball team won by 20 last Wed. The other team had too many players and we, not me, shot the lights out. I shot 1-2 from the foul line which means I have to go 1-16 to improve from my Summer Oreland performance. I'm really not that bad but there is denying the facts. Next game is this Wed against some supposedly good hatters.

I was pretty lame this weekend and watched a lot of movies. I don't see movies in the theatre anymore so i've been a bit, okay alot, behind on good flicks. Here's the rundown of what I watched and then i'll write what I thought about it, in order of when I watched it. Dark Knight, Grosse Pointe Blank, Edward Scissorhands, I am Legend, Crash, Air Force One, Almost Famous, the Green Mile, and the Departed. Here's my mini review.

Dark Knight - Decent, Joker was entertaining, story was ehh, but all in all it was enjoyable. 7.5/10
Grosse Point Blank - I liked Cusack, I liked the 80's music and the reunion, I liked the story. 8/10
Edward Scissorhands - Good acting by depp, Winona is a hot teen minus her ugly bangs, the story was slow to start but in the end Edward grew on me. 9/10
I am legend - Pointless with decent CGI. I like Will Smith but this was just lackluster 2/10
Crash - People say how good it is, I didn't. I thought it was awful and it's themes meant nothing to me. I don't care how the characters interact. 3/10
Air Force One- Avg action, wouldn't watch again. 4/10
Almost Famous - Great music, Great insight into the lifestyle, I thought it was great all around. I don't think everyone would like this due to how much you like the classic rock of the era. Kate Hudson shows her tits but there's nothing to see there. 9/10
The Green Mile - It was 3 hours long... Still I thought the acting was solid throughout and I found it watchable. Wild Bill easily the best character. 7/10
The Departed - Nice thriller with good twists. Solid acting. Nice ending. 8/10

I can't explain why I get into these phases. Sometimes it's reading, sometimes it's poker, sometimes it's investing. Now it's bball and movies. Just keeping it busy.

I'll make an extensive music post in the future. I bought the Killers CD. 10 tracks, too short. I would even knock it down to 8 tracks because I've listened to Human enough and track 10 is awful. The 0ther 8 songs are superior to other music and I find them extremely worth the measly 10 bucks I spent.

Until next time.

No comments: